Friday, May 2, 2008

Random thought from last night, after Adia successfully put herself back to sleep.

Parenting is weird.  On the one hand, when your kiddo reaches a milestone, you want a parade and parties.  On the other hand, not all milestones need a big celebration -- in fact, they might be counter-productive.

In other fun news, we went to storytime this morning and ducked out before snacks (grape soda, rainbow chips ahoy and cheezy puffs) to go meet Charles to deposit checks at the bank. Then we went to lunch, and after that I surprised Adia by taking us to C's house.  J and her boys were there too, and the kids all had a pretty good time.  (We'll ignore both the baby girls flying off of the swingset, because they were pretty quickly comforted.)  I'm glad I went with the crowd and sunscreened Adia and Francesca, because otherwise they would've fried.  Ask me how I know.  (I was expecting maybe a sun-kissed look.  I got a sun-got-to-first-base look on my upper back.)

Back to the sex, violence, and drugs on GTA III.  (I'm spending my break well. :)

No comments: