Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bless the makers of Motrin

Neither girl wanted to sleep long last night it seemed. They apparently wanted to give me a great Mother's Day present -- both of them woke up with some illness this morning! They were congested and feverish and Francesca had puked three times by the time I got up. (They let me sleep in. :)

Both girls have been slightly out of it all day, but the fevers were staying pretty low. Adia's never got above 100.5. Francesca's was climbing above 103 before dinner, so once it was over, Charles went to the drug store to get Motrin. (Ours expired last month.) She went to sleep nursing in my lap before he got home, and I firmly believe in not waking a sleeping toddler for meds unless it is literally life or death. When she finally woke up after Adia went to sleep, we took her temperature again and it was around 104.5-105 with the ear thermometer. Definitely a med situation. A few minutes later, her eyes bugged out and she twitched around a bit. I thought she was having a seizure. Until Charles took her, and she puked on him. (HA!) She's done that once more, but that was after chugging half a sippy of water.

Now she's zoning to the creepy Singing Babies DVD and leaning heavily on my arm. (CREEPY, I tell you.) Her temp has come down over a degree, so I think Motrin was warranted. ;)


In happy news, the girls got me The Sims 2 for my Mac. They also got me a cute card that Adia spelled her name on AND "Mommy" on the envelope by herself!! :) I always forget the awesome things she says, but they are pretty awesome. (Even when they're obnoxious at the time. ;)

And to be a bad unequal Mommy, I'll now relate a Francesca story from earlier in the week. She was sucking her thumb for some reason (which she's never done) and I asked her what was on her thumb. Her answer? Mouf! Smartaleck.

No comments: