Monday, May 19, 2008

Overwhelmed

Today's horoscope:
As your life becomes more complicated, you may be longing to get back to basics. Nevertheless, you are drawn into a complex and tangled web. You might want to complain, but you also realize you have to handle any situation -- even if it makes you crazy. Be determined and push your way through the intensity, and if necessary, make it up as you go along.

Right now, I'm taking things one step at a time. If I don't, I'm going to sink. At the very least, I'll start thinking too much about how life is going at the moment, and I'm trying to avoid that.

This morning I focused on getting Adia a pediatrician appointment.

After that, I focused on surviving until the appointment.

After that, I focused on getting through the initial part of the appointment.

After that, I focused on giving Adia a breathing treatment in the exam room while Francesca did her best to climb on things and fall.

After that, I focused on getting a treatment plan.

After that, I focused on driving to the pharmacy. (Although I made a wrong turn and decided to swing through Starbucks drive-thru. I literally had nothing but caffeine until Charles got home and made me drink water with dinner.)

After that, I focused on driving home.

After that, I focused on eating dinner.

After that, I focused on getting to school orientation. So much so that I didn't give Charles and Adia hugs or kisses goodbye. (Francesca came with.)

After that, I focused on driving to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions.

After that, I focused on the idea of driving to Richmond tomorrow for Francesca's dentist appointment.

I had to backtrack and focus on school for tonight. I got school off to a fab start by not buying one of my labs for BIO and then forgetting to attach files to an email to my stats prof. A+!

Now I need to go try to fall asleep so I can drive to Richmond, then to the farm to pick up CSA goodies, and then to the coffee shop for breastfeeding cafe night.

No comments: