Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She's back




I thought I'd be updating from my cell, but it turns out that the entire world has internet now. Yay hospital.

We got here at 6 with a decently grumpy Checka. We did the paperwork and then got taken back by the nurse. The anesthesiologist and nurse anesthetist came back and talked to us, as did the OR nurse. The dentist did too, and she gave me more hope that they'll save the teeth, so good thoughts, prayers, whatever would be good on that end. The NA reassured me that they care for them like their own, and Francesca didn't even cry when I handed her over. That helped a lot. She's tired and wanting to nurse, but at least the tiredness will be taken care of soon. Ha!

They had a pair of socks with grippies (which I had gotten a pair of last night at Tar-jay already, so she's double-wrapped haha) and a new stuffed koala with a hospital tee-shirt on.

I think I'm going to send Charles to the coffee corner here in a minute for food/drink. I'll pretend that I can eat, and if nothing else I can caffeinate myself and spaz more. I do technically have a cheese danish I got from the lobby at the hotel, but it's in the car. Along with my bio textbook to read, but.. um.. I forgot a highlighter. Yeah, that's it. No point in doing homework if I don't have the highlighter and I'll have to read it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOTS and LOTS of prayers coming your way!! Alice