Thursday, June 5, 2008

Panic time

It didn't occur to me until yesterday that my kids will need somewhere to be starting next fall. (As in 2009.) I hadn't put too much thought into anything regular, but now I'm realizing it's not just Adia that we'll be paying some kind of tuition of some kind for.

As it stands right now, there are two schools I would consider putting Adia in (one Montessori and another that focuses on science, tech, and math.) Those would accept Francesca too. There's also the base center, but that would only apply to Francesca. Of course, I can only find information about tuition for the Montessori school, and it's far more than my college tuition. To put both of them in for one year will be equivalent to two full years of college for me. (Yikes.) The base center looks AWESOME, but I know they usually have a long waiting list. I may have to send Charles by to get more information tomorrow. (He's on foot today -- dropping my car to get the oil changed.)

The other thing about putting Francesca somewhere is that I'm going to have to be super-comfortable with their methods of discipline, because she's going to be 3 and some change. Big discipline time.

On a happier note, let me close with another picture. (J took this at the LLL mess party last week. I hope she doesn't mind my stealing it from her myspace. :)

No comments: