Sunday, November 11, 2007

No updates, what?


I'm so good at blogging. At least I must be, because other bloggers make these "sorry I haven't posted" update posts all the time.

Last weekend's excitement was working the LLL booth at the baby fair at the mall on Saturday. It was a lot of fun meeting breastfeeding moms and moms wanting to breastfeed. The time slot I picked wound up being the busiest too!

During the week we stayed busy with appointments. Training meeting on Monday and dentist on Wednesday. Where we figured out my "treatment plan." All $10k+ of it. *sigh* And it begins with re-doing a root canal at an office in the west end of Richmond (so, a longer drive.) Then a root canal or extraction of the tooth beside what was my wisdom teeth.

When we weren't out running around, I worked on decluttering the guest (read: junk!) room. It still looks like a tornado hit it, but the tornado carried some things away. I've tossed like 4 trashbags of stuff out.

Friday morning I had a coffee-mergency when I woke up out of coffee. So we bundled up and went to the coffee shop at 7:30am and then to the grocery store. We were home by 8:30, which was kinda nice. I didn't really feel like being social, and there aren't too many people to be social with that early in the morning.

Yesterday I got up and did my coffee shop breakfast thang, then hit up the rescue squad auxillary's yard sale. After that, I grabbed a pregnancy test at the drug store (not a chance in hell, but I've felt kinda crappy lately and I know that would be the first thing the doctor suggested if I called. I'm not, BTW.) I also got an Office Space calendar for us for next year. I'm pretty excited about that. (And a dork, apparently.) Then I started my grocery shopping, which I remembered my Zune for for a change. I listened to the Rent soundtrack, which is a bad plan because it leads to things like dancing in the aisles. Whatever, I know I'm the town freak anyway, what with my crazy babywearing devices and cloth shopping bags.

I came home and got ready to make homemade curry (this is the awesome book I used!) and realized I was short on onions, so back to grocery store #2 for those. (When I realized "I go to the grocery store a lot." I get to go back again today!)

The curry turned out fantastic! I need to get to an international grocery (heh) for proper chilli powder and fenugreek, but it was really good. My interpretation of the nan recipe leaves a bit to be desired. I have no problem using the frozen variety of that, though. :P

Last night, Adia woke up around 2:30 coughing. She then puked all over the bed. (Fortunately?, she sleeps in the full size bed with Charles now. Fortunately for me, I guess anyway. ;) She woke up for the day at 6:30 and she's full of energy. That's apparently the course for this virus, since Francesca had it for a couple of days this week, just out of the other end instead. She was still wild girl throughout it, just with a sore bum.

We had contemplated a trip to Fredericksburg today for the aforementioned international grocery run, but we decided it was ill-advised with the viral fun. Now to decide what to do with our day...... (And I got a different kind of coffee the other day, as they were out of my usual. I think I'm twice as wired as normal. Wheeeeeee!) So far we've moved the router into the kitchen next to the phone jack. Yesterday my computer finally went wireless, so we just have a 6' phone cord from the jack to the router instead of a 25' one, plus the looooong cat-5 to my computer.

No comments: