Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

This morning, we got up, got the girls dressed and headed to the polls.

(Well, after I taped a black construction paper bar over the "Obama" portion of my shirt.  I decided against writing "CENSORED" on it, but it got the point across anyway.)

There was pretty much no line, and I only had to wait a minute until one of the four machines freed up.  I cast my vote for a straight Democratic ticket, got my "I voted" sticker for potential doughnuts/ice cream/coffee if I go into Fredericksburg later, and walked out the door.  I immediately took off my black bar, and headed to the Dem table.  Where there was a lawyer standing to ask me if I had any trouble voting.  (She said I was smart to wear my black bar to the poll.  Ha!  The campaigner, however, said he was there to get locked up, so he'd be wearing his button to the poll.)

There were 85 people in line first thing when the polls opened.  The line stretched almost to the highway.

I'm going out to volunteer somewhere today... it may be here in my precinct or it may be in Fredericksburg. 

No comments: