Monday, March 31, 2008

a day in my life (03.26.08)


This is a post I did for a day in the life community I'm a part of. :) I'm putting it here too by request.

Gammaw was visiting from out of town, but I didn't get permission to put her pics in here, so I'm going to go the conservative route and not post them.

I forgot it was the day to So far to this point, I've probably peed, had coffee, and nursed/changed the baby.

Adia and her Gammaw are making a giant cookie pizza. Yes, it was as disturbingly sugary rich as it looks.


ditl sure makes you feel accountable for chores, so I do the laundry switcharound (dry/wash/fold.)



Gammaw and girlies settle on the couch to read for a bit, so I grab the opportunity to do dishes. (Otherwise I get waaaaay too much help from Francesca.)


Everyone is still happy, so I decide to get ready for the day. Quick temperature check, brush teeth and hair, and looking much less rough!





D'oh. Guess the trash needs to go out. Silly flash magnifies a stain on the floor that I hadn't noticed, so I scrub that. While I'm down there, I notice the toilet needs a scrub. Ahh, much better! (Well, at least cleaner from a germy standpoint.)

Nurse Francesca, check Blackboard.

Bribe the baby with Just Strawberries (best snacks ever) and cut into the pizza for the rest of us.


Lucky us get to have leftover grilled steak (big girl) and salmon (me and the little girl.) I make some dilly butter to put on mine. :)


Review the to-do list and look at fabric online while the little sleeps in my lap.


"Do I really have to wake up, Mommy?"


Adia rearranges the spools of thread while Gammaw sews.


We experiment with the placement of kitty's button eyes. We call this look "crazy eyes kitty."



Diaper laundry. I forgot to take a picture after the water became what we call "unholy colored."


Spritzing water on and fluffing up the kitty's chenille.



A requests black bean quesadillas for dinner. Our skillet died, so we have to broil them in the oven. I over-crisped the first one. Oops.


Dinner and a show! We were playing Dinner Games and "Family Idol" came up (someone names a subject and everyone has to make up a song about it. She made up a number of songs. :)


Adia also takes pictures of all of us. The one of Charles is her photography (she's pretty good!) Checks eats salsa off of her fingers.


Gammaw wants a family portrait to use for wallpaper on her computer.. we're mostly successful.


Adia poses in the finished product. This is one of Gammaw's photos, because I'm running out the door.....


to take a Sociology test! No pictures of that, because I figured I might get in a teensy bit of trouble over it. :P Look, they left a light on for me!


I put the baby to bed and surf a little while I wait for hubby to finish putting the big kid to sleep. Gammaw goes to bed shortly after I get up here, so there's just one thing for hubby and I to do.... Wii! I'd been so swamped with school this week that we hadn't gotten to play it at all.


pj's and bed... g'night!

(As a side note, blogger's interface annoys me.)

No comments: