Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No news is good news, right?

We're still waiting to hear back. It was supposed to take 1h15m, but it's been 1h30m now. I'm hoping that's because they're taking extra time to make her teeth absolutely perfect.

Also, I'm going to give myself whiplash from turning around anytime that surgery door is opened. ;P

Whenever they're done, the dentist is going to come talk to us about how it went. Then we get to go back to the room where we left her (or somewhere thereabouts) and wait for them to bring her to us. I wish we could be there when she wakes up, but I get the feeling they're damn efficient here and since they seem to be on top of their game, I'm willing to go along with it. (Seriously, if the nurse anesthetist hadn't been so reassuring, I probably wouldn't be down with this idea, but she really really was.)

Adia did well last night. Mom said she woke up to Adia yelling "Noooooo Grandma" at some point. She thought it was just a bad dream, but when she asked Adia about it this morning it was because Mom had rolled onto Horton. Whatever. Grandma can do no wrong, especially since she de-hid the great big balance ball to play with. They were watching PBS Kids when I called a little while ago, so I guess the big list of instructions I left worked. ;P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You're doing great!
Love, Alice